Mountain Biking at Moraine State Park
6 miles of trails
A loop trail for mountain bikes is on the North Shore.
Trailheads are located off of Mt. Union Road and Alexander Ridge Road.
Use caution while mountain biking:
- The trail can be hazardous.
- Some slopes are steep and there are rough surfaces and slippery areas.
- This technical trail is for experienced off-road riders in good physical condition who have equipment for off-road riding.
- Bikers ride bike trails at their own risk.
Biking Rules and Regulations
Pennsylvania state law requires all bicyclists under the age of 12 to wear an approved helmet.
All traditional bicycles (bikes) and electric bicycles (e-bikes) are permitted on state park roads and any trails designated for biking or mountain biking.
Biking is prohibited on designated hiking-only trails and any roads or trails marked as prohibited for bikes.
All riders are required to maintain safe speeds at all times and comply with recommended and/or posted speed limits.
E-bikes must follow all
Bike rentals are available on North Shore Drive, about 1.5 miles from PA 422.
You can rent:
- Single and multi-speed/geared bikes
- Children’s and tandem (two-person) bikes
- Child seats
- Child pull behind trailers
Rentals are at your own risk. Neither the bicycle concessionaire nor the park is responsible for any accidents or injuries which may occur during your rental.
Bike Rental Contact Information and Hours
Call 724-368-9011 or, if no answer, call 724-510-5195 for additional information about rentals.
Bike Rental Hours:
- April and May -- weekends only -- 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- May 22 to Labor Day Weekend -- weekdays -- 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. and weekends -- 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- After Labor Day to October 31 -- weekends only -- 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.