Boating at French Creek State Park
Electric motors permitted; slow, no-wake speed
Boat launching is provided at the 68-acre Hopewell Lake and the 22-acre Scotts Run Lake.
Seasonal boat mooring spaces are available from April 1 to November 1 at each lake.
Contact the park office for mooring information.
Air propeller driven boats, sea planes, air mattresses, and surf boards are prohibited.
Motorboats must display a current boat registration.
Non-powered boats must display one of the following:
- Boat registration
- Launching permit or mooring permit from Pennsylvania state parks -- available at most state park offices
- Launching permit from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission
Inflatable watercraft devices used on Pennsylvania state park waters must meet the following requirements:
- Be made of a tough material
- Have one or more buoyancy chamber
- Be a minimum of seven feet long
Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission laws apply.
Boat rentals are available daily at the Hopewell Lake pool complex from Memorial Day to Labor Day and on weekends during May and September.