Swimming at Bald Eagle State Park
Bald Eagle State Park has a 1,200-foot-long sand and turf beach which includes:
- Public restrooms
The swimming area is open from 8:00 A.M. - sunset, Memorial Day to Labor Day, unless otherwise posted. Swim at your own risk.
This activity or structure is ADA accessible.
Smoking is prohibited on the beach and in the swimming area. For visitors who smoke and still want to use the beach, designated areas adjacent to the beach are provided. The restriction includes:
State Park Swimming Rules
Please follow posted rules for swimming.
Swimmers are permitted to use soft water toys like inner tubes, noodles, and air mattresses, unless otherwise specified.
All children ten years of age or younger must be accompanied by a person at least 14 years of age.
Pets are prohibited in swimming areas.
Tips for Staying Healthy While Swimming at Bald Eagle State Park
While swimming at Bald Eagle State Park, follow these tips to help keep yourself heathy and the swimming areas open for all to enjoy:
- Try to avoid swallowing water while swimming
- If you feel ill, stay out of the water (especially children)
- Take your children on frequent bathroom breaks and wash hands after
- Check diapers often and change in bathroom areas -- wash hands after
- Shower before and after swimming