Warning: The spotted lanternfly has invaded our area. This invasive insect could cause serious harm to Pennsylvania’s resources, businesses, and economy. LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAVE! Help us stop the spread of these unwelcome hitchhikers. Inspect your vehicle, camper, tent, gear, etc. before you leave the park and destroy any lanternflies you find. For more information, visit the Penn State Extension’s Spotted Lanternfly website.
Washington Crossing Historic Park
Washington Crossing Historic Park preserves the site of George Washington’s dramatic boat crossing of the Delaware River during the American Revolution and is a National Historic Landmark.
The Upper Section of the park has historic buildings, walking paths, picnic pavilions, fishing, and historical and environmental education programs.
The Lower Section of the park has historic buildings, walking paths, picnicking, picnic pavilions, fishing, non-motorized boat launching, outdoor recreation programs, historical and environmental education programs, and hosts special events and re-enactments.
The 125-foot Bowman’s Hill Tower, located in the Upper Section off of Lurgan Road, provides a fabulous view of the Delaware River Valley. An entry fee is charged. The tower closes for the winter season.
Parts of the park are operated by the
Friends of Washington Crossing and may charge a fee. Other parts of the park are free and open sunrise to sunset.
Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve showcases the extraordinary diversity of plants native to Pennsylvania. An entrance fee is charged.
Seasons and Hours
Washington Crossing Historic Park is open every day of the year, sunrise to sunset. Day use areas close at dusk. The visitor center and historic building tours are available to the public during specific hours. Contact the park office for facility seasons and hours.
online reservations or call toll-free 888-PA-PARKS (888-727-2757), from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday to Saturday.
The park office and visitor center is on River Road (PA 32), 300 yards north of PA 532.
GPS DD: Lat. 40.295 Long. -74.87205
The Upper Section is 3.5 miles north. The GPS coordinates below are for the Thompson-Neely Homestead - Washingtons Encampment, which is on River Road (PA 32) across from the Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve.
GPS DD: Lat. 40.33133 Long. -74.93831
Driving Directions: The
Interactive GIS Map has turn-by-turn driving directions to the park office from the Park Information Window.
Please note that the background maps are maintained by a variety of public sources and driving directions usually go to the nearest large road.
Top 10 Activities at Washington Crossing Historic Park
- Experience history by taking a guided tour of the park.
- Bicycle along the adjacent Delaware Canal State Park towpath to visit both the Upper and Lower sections of the park.
- Join thousands of people attending the Christmas Day Annual Re-enactment of Washington crossing the Delaware River.
- View the best scenic overlook of Bucks County from the Bowman’s Hill Tower.
- Fish in the Delaware River and catch a glimpse of the annual shad migration in the spring.
- Appreciate the historic collections in the exhibit area of the visitor center.
- Attend a free environmental education program or history lecture.
- Run a race. Many are offered throughout the year.
- Pay respect to those that make the ultimate sacrifice for their country and are honored at the Soldiers’ Graves.
- Visit Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve and view native Pennsylvania plants and flowers.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Two, 2-plug, electric-vehicle charging stations are available for public use in the parking area across from the Visitor Center. Please move to another parking space once your vehicle has been charged.
Access for People with Disabilities
This activity or structure is ADA accessible. If you need an accommodation to participate in park activities due to a disability, please contact the park you plan to visit.
In an Emergency
Call 911 and contact an employee.
Directions to the nearest hospital are posted on bulletin boards and at the park office.
St. Mary Medical Center
1201 Langhorne-Newtown Road
Langhorne, PA 19047