History of Sand Bridge State Park
No one knows how the area became known as Sand Bridge.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania purchased the land during 1905 and it became a part of White Deer State Forest District.
Civilian Conservation Corps
During the 1930s, the Civilian Conservation Corps built the pavilions and restrooms.
During 1978, the Bureau of State Parks took over administration of Sand Bridge State Park.