History of Hyner View State Park
The focal point of Hyner View State Park is the overlook wall, constructed during the 1930s by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). A memorial to fire wardens and a bronze statue to the CCC boys are near the overlook.
During 1949, the present park access road was built providing better access to the view. With the opening of this road, the Flaming Foliage Festival -- a local tourist promotion project -- was first held at the view. This festival has since outgrown the view and has been moved to Renovo.