Mountain Biking in Moshannon State Forest
Mountain bikes may be used on all the roads and most of the trails in Moshannon State Forest.
The following areas and trails are closed to mountain biking:
- Natural Areas
- The Quehanna Trail System
- Portions of the Allegheny Front Trail
- Trails blazed in yellow
Contact the district office to get more information about trails or areas open to mountain biking. Degree of difficulty varies considerably.
Electric Bike (E-bike) Use
E-bikes are permitted on approved mountain bike trails and roads, provided they meet all the following standards:
- Weigh no more than 100 pounds
- Do not exceed 20 miles-per-hour using the motor
- Have motors that do not exceed 750 watts
- Have fully functional, operable pedals
For more on DCNR’s e-bike policy, please see
E-Bikes in Pennsylvania State Parks and Forests.