The picnic area is south of PA 44.
The historic log pavilion was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1939. This unusual pavilion features two large, covered dining areas with fireplaces, surrounded by log and chink walls. The areas are connected together by a covered breezeway that also contains picnic tables.
Surrounding the pavilion are huge white pine and Norway spruce trees and an old apple orchard where picnic tables and charcoal grills are available.